Funny Inspirational Life Quotes from Ireland
Funny Inspirational Life Quotes often brings to mind funny words of wisdom or famous funny quotes.
Ireland has a history of an amazing number of comedians, playrights, poets that have made it to the world stage often with many funny quotes or sayings. So we decided to do a funny inspirational quotes section and we have dedicated it to building up a library of funny inspirational quotes about life.
To start off , Oscar Wilde, one of our famous playrights had many funny words of wisdom . He spent a lot of his early years growing up at school in Enniskillen County Fermanagh in northern Ireland. Here are some of his quick witted funny inspirational quotes to start.
Oscar Wilde selection of Funny Inspirational Life Quotes
- "I can resist everything except temptation."
- “The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.”
- “A man who does not think for himself does not think at all.”
- “It is the stupid and the ugly who have the best of it in this world"
- “I'm a man of simple tastes. I'm always satisfied with the best.”
- “America has never quite forgiven Europe for having been discovered somewhat earlier in history than itself.”
Funny Inspirational Life Quotes from other Irish poets
Of course Oscar Wilde was not alone in his seemingly endless supply of hilarious funny quotes. Here are some more from Irish poets and playrights.
“"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.'”
-William Butler Yeats-Irish playright
“When you marry your mistress, you create a job vacancy.”
-James Goldsmith-Irish novelist, playright, poet.
"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."
-George Bernard Shaw-Irish playright
Another selection of Funny Inspirational Life Quotes
- “A man in love is incomplete until he has married, then he is finished.”
- "Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me."
- "The Irish are a very fair people, they never speak well of one another."
- "I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."
- "My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it.”
- "Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat."
- “I think being a woman is like being Irish. Everyone says you're important and nice, but you take second place all the same.”
- "The Irish forgive their great men when they are safely buried."
- "God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world."
- "In heaven there is no beer...That's why we drink ours here."
- “The Irish - Be they kings, or poets, or farmers, They're a people of great worth, They keep company with the angels, And bring a bit of heaven here to earth.”
- "When anyone asks me about the Irish character, I say look at the trees. Maimed, stark and misshapen, but ferociously tenacious."
- "I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn't."
Top to Funny Inspirational Life Quotes
Return to Inspirational Life Quotes
Home to Uniquely-northern-Ireland