The Titanic Movie Collection
The Titanic Movie 1997 blockbuster (titanic movie poster see below) which many really loved, led us to think how many other there were. We initially thought there were maybe two or three other films.
How wrong we were ! There were 8 other Titanic movie pictures that we found.
Here is a brief review of all eight Titanic movie pictures made on the Titanic before the last and most recent film on the Titanic ship screened in 1997 by James Cameron.
The first Titanic movies picture started back in 1912 the year the Titanic sank and was a short clip from a true Titanic survivor.
The Titanic Movie review of Collection pre Titanic Film of 1997
Starting with the earliest Titanic Movie Facts:
- Saved from the Titanic (1912). A 10-minute short film that starred Dorothy Gibson, a true Titanic survivor.
- Titanic (1943): A propaganda film designed to make the greedy British owners of the White Star Line (and, by implication, all British businesspeople) look bad.
- Titanic (1953): The story of a down-home girl from Mackinac, Michigan, fed up with European high society, who decides to bring her 17- and 10-year-old children back to her hometown on the Titanic. Starred Robert Wagner.
- A Night to Remember (1958): The most memorable and accurate rendering of the Titanic story — until 1997, when James Cameron’s epic came out.
- The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964): Strictly speaking, this musical isn’t about the Titanic tragedy — it’s about the life and times of Margaret Tobin Brown, a Titanic survivor.
- S.O.S. Titanic (1979): A made-for-TV movie with David Janssen and Cloris Leachman. This narrative version of the story highlighted previously little-known passengers and crew.
- Raise The Titanic (1980): The film version of Clive Cussler’s bestselling novel of the same name. The U.S. military determines that the Titanic ship carried a shipment of a rare mineral, byzanium, capable of powering a sound beam the military has developed to shoot down enemy missiles. The military hires renowned adventurer Dirk Pitt to assemble a team and raise the Titanic
- Titanic (1996): A TV miniseries starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and George C. Scott. This was the first Titanic movie made after the 1985 discovery of the Titanic shipwreck.
The Titanic Movie:
The Titanic Director of the 1997 Titanic Movie romantic disaster film was James Cameron with the Titanic Movie Cast including lead actors, Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet.
In making Titanic the movie, James Cameron's inspiration for the film was predicated on his fascination with shipwrecks; he wanted to convey the emotional message of the tragedy and felt that a love story interspersed with the human loss would be essential to achieving this.
Production on the film began in 1995, when Cameron shot footage of the actual Titanic wreck.
The film was partially funded by Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox, and, at the time, was the most expensive film ever made, with an estimated budget of $200 million.
Upon its release on December 19, 1997, the film achieved critical and commercial success. Nominated for fourteen Academy Awards, it won eleven, including the awards for Best Picture and Best Director for James Cameron Titanic.
The Titanic movie soundtrack by Celine Dion , My Heart will go on achieved international fame.
A 3D version of the movie Titanic, was released on April 4, 2012 (billed as Titanic 3D) to commemorate the centenary of the sinking of the Titanic ship.
Top to The Titanic Movie
Return to Titanic Facts Home
Home to Uniquely northern Ireland