Funny Words of Wisdom
Funny words of wisdom seemed to come very naturally to Oscar Wilde Irish playwright, poet and author of essays and novels.(1854 - 1900) .
He studied at Portora Royal school in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh in northern Ireland and went on to become a very popular playright. He was knowing for quick wit and flamboyant dress sense.
He has left us with some hilarious short quotes. We really hope you enjoy this collection. If you like these you can also see him feature at Funny Inspirational Life Quotes as well.
Funny words of wisdom Part 1
- A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world
- A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal
- A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.
- A woman begins by resisting a man's advances, and ends by blocking his retreat.
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
- Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
- Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success.
Funny Words of Wisdom Part 2
- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
- As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.
- Beauty is a form of genius--is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon.
- By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.
- Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.
- Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to.
- How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.
- Humanity takes itself too seriously. It's the world's original sin. If the caveman had known how to laugh, history would have been different.
- I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.
- I like hearing myself talk. It is one of my greatest pleasures. I often have long conversations all by myself and I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a word of what I'm saying.
- I've put my genius into my life; I've only put my talent into my works.
- In the world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Top to Funny Words of Wisdom
Return to Inspirational Life Quotes
Home to Uniquely northern Ireland